Monday, February 14, 2011

White mats

So I got invited to display at the Q Artists Gallery in Stevens Point. Great. They love my work, I checked them out and they seem like a great place.
Then, before we go any further, because I've fallen for this before, I tell them all my mats are not the same generic white. I mat my images with a color that compliments the work. Not generic white.
Now my membership is under review by a committee that is going to let me know if I'm suitable for the gallery.
I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to be creatives? How about if we're all going to be the same, we all just paint the same picture? What about if potters can only use gray clay and only white paint for adornment?
I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my matting and framing.
What say you?


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: